Sunday 10 May 2015

My Mother, My Bestfriend


Since today is mothers day, I would like to wish all the mothers in the world a happy mothers day. 
As for my Mother i love you more everyday and today i just want to smother you with my love up in here.When I think about you I laugh-LQTM  because you bring me so much joy. I don’t even know where to start, as there’s so much to write. So lets go....

The other day I literally laughed to tears, I had just woken up and opened the door and she was covered in mud,and am like did you decide that now you want to play with mud at your age? until she told me how she fell on her bum n we laughed for half an hr, I was literally in tears. Before you start judging me how dare I? That’s the thing about my Mum, it’s the way she gives you the story and considering she didn’t get hurt it was the funniest shit ever coz she laughs at herself too.

My Mum is my bestfriend, As in for real for real. I have so much love and Respect for her it’s unbelievable, and I will tell you the truth about this amazing ever so wonderful human who is beautiful in and out, has manged to age gracefully and who rocks my freaking world.

 She is funny, very funny and right now i spend the most time with her than anyone else, and i share stuff with her that i never thought i would in a millions years. 
I love hanging out with her, its laughter all the way, and she loooves my silly jokes, she has  the most beautiful laughter, not like some of us. I always just wanna give her stories, from when I was small so she used to call me a chatter box. Up until right now when I imitate my primary school teachers for her she’s usually in tears, I talk to her now like the way I talk to my friends, very dramatic. The only thing I censor is some words coz she’s still my Mother.Just like me, She loves to dance and everytime she finds me playing music she will start dancing oblivious of the music am playing. Its so funny how we can be cleaning and she randomly starts singing and dancing wiz kid's- show me the money <r u gonna dance yo if I show my money >and it kills me. So when i ask her where she know such songs from she's like in the morning when am getting ready there's so much music..ha ha ha 

I have days she tries me and I get away from her real quick, or she finds me doing something and goes ahead to send me for errands, as if what I was doing is of less  importance and when, even now as a grown up I ask why I am told what I used to be told as a child, because I said so or I don’t have to give you an explanation. .\O/ really tho? See how how Mothers get away with so much? I can’t wait to smack my kids with such comebacks. Why? Because....is that even an answer. SMH

Growing up is good, and i always tell my friends that i would want to bring up my children how my mum did. For her it was Parent first then Friend second.We would Play around with her but we knew who is the Boss.
  When growing up I was abit confused about the dynamics of our friendship, but then its because you are young and stupid. I always knew we were pals but then you wait until I do something wrong, she would give me a dog’s ass beating. And I was always left wondering I thought we were friends???? Like you don’t beat your pals. 
P.S.S with My Mum you will go and look for the stick, come back and lie down and wait to receive your strokes for dayses, and don’t make a sound and don’t put your hand in the way of the stick. That running and locking yourself in the room or toilet was a Rumour!
Her promise was anything wrong i did would have repercussions until i learnt my lesson. who wants such promises honestly...lol

Now I will have you know , for those who know her right now  think she can’t harm a fly coz she’s so soft spoken. *Don’t ask where I came from, variety is the spice of life, Sweet n tangy*
 Mmmm she was the full  Mr. Miyagi  you would be forgiven to think she  passed by a college to learn how to straight lace her children, and when I say children its the middle 2 mostly me and my brother.But the amount of beatings I received as a child? Were uuhmm you know.. substantial...
 Now I realise she’s always been soft spoken but then again with Children like us she had to.
 Like i said, It used to be all fun and games until it wasn't Let me just give you sneak preview of one of the many ordeals, a mental picture

So this one time we went for a party at my cousins house without asking for permission, and left my baby sister behind on purpose, we actually planned that we would run p.s.s  we were so obsessed with running, we used to race  and leave her sooo behind she’d have to go back home. The plan worked, but then my bright sister went to play in the mud and later on went to sleep on the sofa with that mud. Meanwhile on the otherside me and my  brothers are getting down at a partay for grownups, I don’t even know why we went coz we were all below 10years and my cousin was like 21. Smh..So he packed for us biscuits and all to take home. At 9 P.M.
Meanwhile at the residence my mother has called my Dad and whoever on the landline to report that  the children are missing. So we come skipping and eating our goodies and I even carried for her and my sis so it’s one of those best days. Mmm smh little did we know what was in store for us. It’s so funny how when I think about it how I was so wrong in so many occasions judging my mum’s mood. So clueless, here I am so happy from a party and have even brought goodies for you, why are you so upset? Shouldn’t we celebrate? You think? Huh.
As I swung the door open , how was my hand, followed by body  not flung into the air?…haaa.. I was a couple feet off the ground, the goodies I was carrying were flying loose in the air, biscuits rolling under the sofas. I can’t even tell you what was happening simultaneously. Just know there was nothing to celebrate anymore, we were beaten silly!!!  For all the reasons you can imagine, running, partying, eating I don’t even know, taking what we were given. Like everything was Bad Manners  which we were lacking. I went back to her 3 hrs later *When ur going back to suck up*  still crying requesting her to push for me the sofas so I could take my biscuits that rolled under with the sweets.  Wasn’t gonna  let them go. After all I might as well enjoy coz I’d paid for my sins. And she did,*push the sofas that is* I offered but she refused to eat with me.  .  Looking at me  like child please!!! I don’t eat stuff from the floor, am not you, and the only reason am letting you is coz I have disciplined you even for that. Everything has pretty much been covered. That's my Mum for you Discipline first, friendship later.

As an adolescent i felt she was out to cramp my style,when I think of all the parties she’d freeze me from going and trying to tame me. I just never understood how nothing seemed  to be right in her eyes.... why did you, who did, when will you people …..Such  times she’d make me so mad that i just wanted to get away from her or how when in Highschool I would write her letters trying to make her feel guilty for taking me to a boarding school and she would reply and tell me to stop writing her such crap and read. <LMAO>..  Because I what I see as problems are not problems to her. Which btw were real problems I was only 14.

 So on Days like today I just wanna appreciate as well as  apologise for being headstrong when all she was doing was out of love. For the times when I get pissed off and Run my mouth, for the times I was Rude, impatient, arrogant and selfish but you still stood firm in your actions and loved me anyway, maybe I did/do  all this because your love in unconditional and for that I will always be forever greatful and I have learnt to be a better person. 
 
Mostly I thank you now for still believing in me after trying out so many things that would make any normal person exhausted, you never tire from  supporting me and my crazy dreams only because you know they make me happy, and for seeing the light at the end of the tunnel even when I don’t.
 For the times I’ve given up the umpteenth time,  you encourage me and show me not only by words but by your actions that everything is always possible for as long as I am here.

From you I have learnt

-To Put God first and pray especially when things are not working out, and to never  forget what he’s blessed me with.
-Just because I am  angry i don’t have to unleash all my 50 shades of crazy.
-Treat people with respect you never know about tomorrow
-To be Independent as a woman, and to never lose myself because people love me for who I am and not what they think i should be.
-It doesn’t matter how old I am, I should never  be scared to follow my dreams, and be Confident.
-Not to fear trying out something because of rejection in the world, if someone doesn’t want to appreciate or support what I am doing, not to take it to heart, but move on to the next.
-Even when i feel overwhelmed and my world feels like its crumbling down, to never waste my passion and zeal for life no matter the setbacks.
-Aaaand mostly i can't even believe how many times you remind me to stop listening to what people are saying about me especially because i know who i am.

 I havn’t seen what you have, I haven’t been through what you have and with all that you have to deal with you  face life with love, strength and resilience and still don't crack! And have no hate in your heart. That I don’t even understand.
Bora Uzima- Those are your words all the time. For as long as we are in good health that’s already enough for us to know that you can always make things work out.
And always reminding me on Sundays when i skip church, that i shouldn't stay home and miss out on the blessings others are being given.

I will forever love and appreciate you because your love is timeless.

And with that *moon walks out dancing show me de moni* R u gonna dancio if I show u my monie

XO
LOVE
YOUR BELOVED DAUGHTER.











No comments:

Post a Comment